Friday, May 21, 2010

Day 4 May 20th

Woke up this morning around 8 and forced myself to go back to sleep for an hour cause I couldn't fall asleep last night again. Our practices don't end till 9 so I don't eat till 9:30 usually (last night 10) so I think my body just takes a bit of time to wind down. Anyways I got packed up for weight and a shooting practice and headed down to eat the usual breakfast. I didn’t see the mini fridge the first couple days but it had some cheese and ham in it so I put that one some toast and it gives me a little more fuel than just jelly. After breakfast I headed off to practice. Nothing new. Just weights and then we paired up with teammates to shoot. I was with Marcos who plays point and 2 guard. He one of the few guys that speaks a little English. My shot felt good and I beat him in the one contest we did. It’s tough because you have to be focused because everyone can shoot open shots here. After practice I got some shots up with one of the point guard’s emi (spelling). Walking back felt good. Its shorts and t shirt weather for me. 65 and a bit humid. I showered up when I got back to the hotel and watched the rest of a movie that I started last night. I think it was hot tub time machine. Pretty hilarious. Right after the movie I got a call that my food was ready do I took my iphone with me a made a bunch of calls while I ate. My phone shows up an unavailable or 0012345. So if you see that answer because it's most likely me. For lunch I had round ricotta filled ravioli. It also had some pieces of bacon or pancetta (Italian bacon) in the cheese. The dish felt a little undercooked to me but I ate it anyways. I also had milaneza again but it was chicken not beef. If you order just milaneza its just beef. To get chicken you order milaneza suprema. It was really good. After lunch I sat out by the pool and played a Sudoku on my iphone. The sun wasn't out but the fresh air was nice. I went back to my room and rested till practice which was good. We went over the plays and scrimmaged a bit. My team won all three scrimmages. After scrimmaging I got some more shots up, stretched and came back to hotel to eat my usual late dinner. Dinner was really good. I had gnocchi which is potato pasta with tomato and white sauce mixed. I had them put some steak on top. After dinner I had some ice cream and that put me into a food coma. I was stuffed. After I got back to the room I realized my room hadn't been cleaned since I’ve been here. It really hasn't needed it but it's getting there. I asked fabri about it and I guess I have to leave my key at the front desk while I’m gone. I’ve looked forward to talking with my family all day because Lainey had her first soccer practice which finally came around 1am my time, which was ok because I don't have an early practice tomorrow. It sounded like she had a lot of fun running around with her best friend Chloe who is on the team as well. Reena said she got upset when someone stole the ball from her. She’s gets her competitive nature from her mama. I can't wait to get back and watch her. Got to get some rest now. We have one more practice tomorrow and then we head out to a city called Mendoza to play a practice game there. One of my teammates told me the city is at the base of the Andes and isn't far from the highest peak which is 20,000ft or more.

No comments:

Post a Comment