Thursday, May 20, 2010

day 2 may 18Th
got a good 8 hours of sleep and didn't need my alarm. i sat there for a bit gathering my thoughts and decided to see what they had for breakfast. i get down there and it's not bad. i ended up eating an apple, toast and jelly, and some juice. they had some little croissants and some yogurt you drink. i couldn't do it. i then headed back to get ready for my 10am practice. when i got back i got a phone call from my agent in Brazil. he told me that he talked to the owner and that they were going to switch me rooms so i had Internet and i would be eating at the hotel (both of which i knew by now, but i didn't tell him that). he also said the owner watched the practice the night before and liked me so far. we have a friendly game this Saturday and I'm sure that will be what they are wanting to see. I'm not worried only cause i tell myself not too. I'm going to give it my best and try to fit in and if they don't want me after that then it wasn't meant to be. by 9:30 i i was waiting in the lobby and nobody came. since i walked home the night before from practice with my teammate fabri i had an idea where it was but i didn't know I'd be walking this morning so i didn't pay that close attention. i ended up asking the hotel manager and he threw me a map. if i did it on my own i would have gotten close but not all the way there. on my way i realized i had mis-packed. it was freezing! i brought 2 long sleeve shits (1 dress shirt) and one pair of jeans. oops. i walk in they are all looking at me like I'm crazy. i told i forgot warm close and china was supposed to be hot and they were laughing at me. fabri told me the guy that has all the layer gear was in Buenos Aries getting things ready and wouldn't be back till tomorrow so he let me borrow a sweatshirt till then. practice consisted of weights and some shooting drills that were full courts to get a good sweat. there were teams of 3 and my team won 3 out of the 6. fabri and i also took some extra shots after practice. my shot felt better today but not where I want it to be. after i get back from practice i order food from the receptionist cause the restaurant isn't open yet but the kitchen is. i got a milaneza (breaded and fried meat; in this case beef) with a red sauce, ham, and cheese covering it. when i ordered it i thought it was going to be more like parmesan chicken but it was really good anyways. it came with mashed potatos and a salad. In between ordering my food and getting it i was able to switch rooms. the new room does have Internet but it's not as updated. I'm not complaining cause it has everything i need. one thing i appreciate is the water pressure. everywhere I've lived in Mexico always has bad water pressure. ahh, the little things. after eating i came bad to my room and relaxed before practice. watched an episode of the office (miss you Hun!!), and some espn online and wrote some e-mails. practice is good. we warmed up and stretched and then did some shooting drills with teams of 3. i didn't shoot well at all. it was frustrating. i think i was just just out the weights from earlier in the day. then we played some 3 on 3 situations that were parts of the plays that we would be putting in later. my team won all the competitions but 1 i think. i played way better than i shot and i felt like the team i was with had good chemistry. i do like the style of play down here. if your open you get the ball most of the time and they expect the same. it's a bit different than Mexico. you pass the ball and your not getting it back most of the time. after practice fabri came to eat with me again at the hotel. i had some roasted piece of beef with a white sauce, mashed potato's, and french fries (i know weird combo but i didn't have a choice today cause they had a big group coming in today i guess so we ate what they gave us). then for dessert we had this half vanilla half chocolate ice cream dipped in chocolate with a caramel sauce on top with a wafer. really rich but good. after dinner i headed back to the room were i showered up and turned on the Orlando/Boston game. so here i wait for Reena to get home to i can see my lovely family on Skye. talk to you tomorrow everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment