Sunday, February 6, 2011

The first weekend

I feel like there are so many things to talk about we have done so much in such a short time but here it goes. Friday we had Robert's first game since we have been here and all the kids have custom jersey's that match Robert and they looked so cute and every person in there wanted to talk to us and we were on TV practically the whole game its a little overwhelming everyone loves Robert so much and wants to be near him and then I guess that means us. It was a great game the were losing at one point by ten and then went on an 11 point run and from that point on we dominated the game so a win for us. Then after the game we went to dinner or late night snack (4th meal) and the main sponser and his family and several of the players were all there it was such a wonderful time. The place we went had two trampolines and two play structures and we were sitting right in front of it so we could see them the whole time and Andrew and Lainey and her new friend Rafelea played on those things for hours we finally had to ask the people that took us if we could go home they all are friends and have so much fun together I only wish I could speak the language at all so that I could talk with them all. There are a few people that speak both and have been wonderful and have made the time fun for me. SO Friday night we didn't get home until like 2am which doesn't really help us adjust to the time difference the kids are still half on Portland time and half here. We all slept on Saturday tell like noon well Robert had 11am practice so he didn't get to but the rest of us did and then he brought lunch home for us and then we all packed up and went to a country club that had like 5 pools and a awesome kiddie pool that Lainey loved and Cooper warmed up to it but never really got all the way in I have some videos of the day that I will put up Andrew only wanted to be in the big kids or adult pools he went on the big diving boards and have a great time playing with some of the boys. We spent 5 hours there and just had such a wonderful day the sponsers uncle is the president so we got all of our stuff payed for which was a bonus. We tried to get home at a decent hour so that the kids could get to bed after that long day but it didn't do much good they still aren't quite adjusted and Andrew and Lainey didn't fall asleep until like 1am but we will get there eventually. So that brings us to today Sunday Robert had another game today and the same thing well no jersey's they were dirty but I feel like they need to look cute everytime being at any moment we have three different cameras watching us so they were adorable and Robert had a great game 30 points and probably 8-10 rebounds. I love getting to watch him play again he is so good at this and everything that comes with it the people and kids especially love him and just the whole game he really gets it all. He would be a breath of fresh air in the NBA but I think he is happy at the path he has taken to get here. Anyway I think we will get dinner and then head to the pool and then call it a night. Love you all

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are posting so much! I love reading about your time down in Brazil! I hope you get to know the language a little bit better before you come home...that would be hard not knowing it. I miss you guys and am so glad you are doing great!! Loves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reena, I can't tell you how wonderful it is to read about your experiences. You give a completely different perspective of events than Robert, that of a wife and mother's view, one I can identify with very much ;-) It is like being there with you. I am so very proud of Rob, and I am so happy that you are with him now to share in his success and adventures. I know in my heart that he is happier with you close by than without you.....not to mention those adorable children who have enriched your lives every day since they have been born!

    I agree that Robert would be a breath of fresh air in the NBA. We can still hope! However, enjoying the moment is what life is all about, and loving Brazil and the people of Brazil now, and the experiences you have there will leave a lasting effect on all of you. What happens next will be a fun surprise, no matter what it is!

    I am hoping that Grandma Nancy and I will come down to join you in the fun sometime in March!

    Keeping posting your thoughts and those wonderful pictures of the kids. They make me smile so much. Cooper is the splitting image of Robert when he was that age. I will have to find a few photos to scan and share so you can see what I mean!

    Love much, Janet (and Dale, too!)

    ReplyDelete